House Rutherford is an online platform for connecting landlords with renters. As a property manager with House Rutherford, you have a great opportunity to help others in our community, while seeing investment returns and property stability and success. In collaboration with local nonprofit partners, House Rutherford works with landlords like you to provide permanent and obtainable housing solutions for our neighbors in need.
Participating in House Rutherford is a win/win for everyone. When people are housed, our county is stronger, healthier, and safer. Together we can work to solve homelessness and take care of our community.
- Assure all properties are current on property taxes * https://www.tn.gov/revenue/taxes/local-taxes/property-tax.html
- Willingness to lower some rental barriers i.e. lower credit score, potential tenants making less than 3x the rent, accepting housing vouchers, etc.
- Complete the online interest form or contact us for more information
- Quick response by database staff member with website login information
- Easily list all properties on our website powered by Padmission
- Receive and review tenant applications and be in direct communication with applicants and support services
- Select a tenant and sign a lease
- Low vacancy rates
- Pre-screening and tenant selection
- Consistent and on-time rental payments
- Housing specialist and neutral mediators to address landlord/tenant questions and concerns
- Ongoing case management support for all tenants
- Free online rental listings
- Ease of use with automated emails to keep listings up to date, uploads of all required documents needed for leasing, and ability to autogenerate property information to make listing quick and simple
- A communication platform for messaging with prospective tenants
- Full-time website assistance by a local United Way staff member
- Data collection of success rates and community impact
- Making a difference in the efforts to end homelessness in our community and beyond