Click here to download the 2021 - 2022 Catalyst Program Application.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Deadline to apply is July 15, 2021. You will be notified regarding your admission to the program by August 1, 2021. Program fee payment should be submitted by August 15, 2021 to confirm participation in the program.
· Attend introductory session on Thursday, September 16, 2021 from 8 AM– 10 AM
· Attend five sessions in 2021-2022
· Attend a United Way volunteer opportunity (as outlined by Program Coordinator)
· Participate in a group project
· $150 Participation Fee
· August 19, 2021 from 5 PM—7 PM— Kick-off Reception
· September 16, 2021 from 8 AM–10 AM—Introduction
· October 21, 2021 from 8 AM–10 AM—Fundraising
· November 18, 2021 from 8 AM–10 AM—Governance
· December 16, 2021 from 8 AM–10 AM—Agency Tour
· January 20, 2022 from 8 AM–10 AM—Financial Accountability
· February 17, 2022 from 8 AM–10 AM—Advocacy and Collaboration
· March 17, 2022 from 8 AM–10 AM—Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
· April 21, 2022 from 8 AM–10 AM—Final Presentation and Agency Connector Event
· May 19, 2022 from 8 AM–10 AM—Graduation Celebration
The United Way Catalyst Program is a nine-month program that helps train nonprofit volunteer leaders of tomorrow.
To connect and develop business leaders in the community to become engaged in social responsibility through the means of advocacy, giving and volunteerism. The program aims to meet the needs of society today, while proactively preparing and pursuing measures in place for future generations.
To be the most desired community leadership development program in Rutherford and Cannon counties by creating tomorrow's community leaders, today.
"The United Way Catalyst Program really opened my eyes to not just the needs in our community, but to all the amazing organizations available. There is a supportive system available for almost any hardship!
While I was impressed to see the amount of support our community provides, Catalyst taught me that OUR involvement is paramount to those organizations' continuation and success. This is why the program emphasises education around being an effective board member, committee member, and volunteer.
In the many weeks we were together, I also created strong relationships with other like-minded citizens. These connections will continue to grow throughout the years - this was a surprise added benefit and I couldn't be more thrilled!
If community engagement and learning to become an efficient contributor is your goal, the United Way's Catalyst Program is the smartest first step!"
Karen Pfluge, Crye-Leike Realtors
Class of 2017