Effective October 12, 2023
Thank you for your contribution to the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties’ annual fundraising campaign. The purpose of the annual fundraising campaign is to develop and enhance the resources available to United Way’s Community Impact work. Those resources are then strategically invested into the community in order to create lasting, measurable change on the most pressing issues facing families and individuals.
United Way promotes investing in the Community Impact work as the most effective way to invest in the community above any form of designated giving.
If you indicate on your pledge form you would like all or a portion of your contribution to not support United Way’s work, but instead to be designated or directed to another specific 501(c)(3) charity or charities, the process by which the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties (UWRCC) manages designations to other nonprofit organizations is as follows:
· UWRCC honors donor designations to any verified 501(c)(3) organization of $50 or more per organization. Verification consists of, on an annual basis, confirming the organization has an active 501(c)(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service and completes additional verifications as may be required by United Way Worldwide. No oversight is provided by UWRCC on the use of designated funds, and the organization designated by the donor may use the designated funds in the manner it sees fit (salaries, training, program services, etc.).
· To protect the privacy of donors, UWRCC will not release the names of individuals who designate their contribution without authorization for the release of such information. If a donor provides authorization, UWRCC will send donor information to the designated organization by April 30.
· UWRCC will deduct a processing fee at the rate of 20 percent per designation.
· UWRCC will pay the verified designated organization (net of the processing fee) on a quarterly basis (January, April, July, and October).
· Gifts or payments made by cash, check, credit card, or stock will be paid in the month following the quarter in which payment is received from the donor beginning in April. For example, payments received in January, February, or March will be paid in April; payments received in April, May, and June will be paid in July, etc.
· Designations made through payroll deduction contributions will be paid to the verified designated organization based upon the pledged payroll deduction amounts collected from the contributing organization in the quarter immediately preceding the quarterly payout month, beginning in April.
If you have any questions regarding our management of designations, please contact Meagan Flippin, CEO and President, at (615) 893-7303 or Meagan.Flippin@yourlocaluw.org.