1 in 6 children live in a food-insecure household. Not only is this a physical health concern, but it can be crucial to the development of healthy mindsets. United Way's Hometown Huddle is tackling hunger by collecting food items for food-insecure children in our community. School breaks should not mean hungry children in our community. Become a real MVP by forming a team to participate in our food drive for children experiencing food insecurity.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Drop off food items at one of United Way's coporate partners by September 28.
Roscoe Brown: 959 N. Thompson Lane, Murfreesboro, TN
Wilson Bank & Trust: any Rutherford County Branch
2. Purchase food items on United Way’s Amazon Wishlist. The items will be shipped directly to United Way’s office. Click here to view the Amazon Wishlist.
3. Volunteer to assist with in-take or participate in the Sort-a-thon. Click here to register.
4. Drop off food items at Patterson Park Community Center on September 29 from 9am-4pm.
HOMETOWN HUDDLE LIST OF ACCEPTABLE FOODS
All items must be single servings and should not require refrigeration.
• Fruit cups
• Fruit snacks
• Granola bars
• Juice boxes
• Microwavable macaroni and cheese
• Peanut butter and crackers
• Pop top, microwavable containers of beef and macaroni, beef stew, beans and franks, spaghetti and meatballs, etc.
• Reusable water bottles
• Rice Krispy treats
• Shelf stable milk
• Snack cracker packages
• Trail mix packages
Change doesn’t happen alone. Join us and help eliminate childhood hunger in our community.